Wednesday, July 17, 2013

An example of an "Editorial Calendar" or "Social Media Calendar"

Editorial calendars are very useful to help businesses plan and control the content that will be published on their Facebook Business Pages.

Companies that put in the time and effort to create Editorial Calendars or "Social Media Calendars" will be able to ensure regular publication of content on their Facebook Pages.  More importantly, because content is planned in advance, they will be able to generate 'better content' because they are able to think ahead, based on the timing of the post, what sort of posts will gain the most interest of their readers at the moment of posting.  There will also be more time to correct typos or source for complementary resources such as photos or videos to accompany the posting.

One example that relates to 'timing' is this: For example, if you plan an editorial calendar in Apr 2013 for May and June 2013, you would consider that Mother's Day and Father's Day are in May and June 2013 respectively.  With this in mind, then you can time your posts so that you post a 'Happy Mother's Day' or 'Happy Father's Day' post on the respective occasion.  Better still, you can work out a promotion to coincide with this commemorative occasion and bring in some sales!

I show a simple example of how you may draft a simple Editorial or Social Media Calendar.  It was done using Microsoft Excel.  You may prefer to use MS Word or MS Powerpoint if you wish! It does not matter, what is more important is that you plan ahead and give thought to what you want to post ahead of time so that you are able to plan the most engaging content for your target audience! :)



11 comments:

  1. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post.
    smm panel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam so thrilled because of finding your alluring website here.Actually i was searching for Social Media Marketing (SMM).Your blog is so astounding and informative too..Iam very happy to find such a creative blog. Iam also find another one by mistake while am searching the same topic Mobile Marketing.Thank you soo much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated. buy‌ ‌Instagram‌ ‌views

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my opinion, nothing at all consequently catching being keenness, the idea carressed pure stone, it’s substance concerning hope. Sturdy faith would be successful with all of the effective fellow, and then suggest these individuals more substantial. smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe one of your commercials caused my browser to resize, you may well want to put that on your blacklist. smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  7. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think. instagram followers from famoid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recently, I didnt give plenty of consideration to making comments on site page articles and have placed comments even much less. Reading via your enjoyable post, will help me to do so sometimes. smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can’t wait for the next article of this blog! This article about – Gulvafslibning | Kurt Gulvmand was very informative. For now on I’m following you by RSS! smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is very useful info. This is my first time I visit here. I have found so much interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. Keep up your good work. Visit the largest smm panel for any kind of SMM Services.

    ReplyDelete
  11. -Check out Ofir, it's the best smm panel for Instagram and Facebook

    ReplyDelete